GSA, through the Multiple Award Schedules (MAS) Program, is committed to increasing contracting opportunities for small businesses, and assisting ordering activities in achieving or exceeding their socioeconomic goals.
Customers now have the ability to set aside orders. Here is some helpful information for acquisition planning:
Small Business Goaling
Did you know that formal goals are in place to ensure that small businesses get their fair share of work with the federal government? In fact, each federal agency must set an annual goal for participation in its contracts by various groups.
For example, here is a sampling of the statutory goals established by federal executive agencies:
- 23 percent of prime contracts for small businesses; SecureUSA qualifies
- 5 percent of prime and subcontracts for woman-owned small businesses; SecureUSA qualifies
- 5 percent of prime contracts and subcontracts for small dis-advantaged businesses
- 3 percent of prime contracts and subcontracts for Hub-zone small businesses;
- 3 percent of prime and subcontracts for service disabled veteran-owned small businesses.